Salsberg & Schneider has significant experience in a broad spectrum of practice areas, including
- Serious felony trials and dispositions in Superior Court (including murder, drugs, firearms, arson, sexual assaults, violent assaults, robberies, burglaries).
- District Court trials and dispositions (including drugs, firearms, larceny, trespass, domestic abuse and restraining orders, operating under the influence cases)
- Wide range of defenses raised (including mis-identification, alibi, self-defense, lack of mens rea, diminished capacity, entrapment, necessity defenses, police and prosecutorial bungling and misconduct)
- Trials and dispositions of serious offenses in U.S. District Courts (including fraud, firearms, drugs, false statements, conspiracy cases).
- Sex Offender Registry Board hearings and appeals
Appellate and Post-Conviction
- Direct Appeals to the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Supreme Judicial Court.
- New Trial (Rule 30) Motions (including claims based on newly discovered evidence, ineffective assistance of trial counsel, suppression of Brady material)
- Federal Motions for Judgments of Acquittal or New Trial.
- Federal Habeas Corpus Petitions to the federal District Courts.
- Federal Appeals to the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Petitions for Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Motions to Revise and Revoke Sentence.
- Wide range of issues raised (including ineffective assistance of counsel, faulty jury instructions, prosecutorial misconduct, evidentiary issues).
- Full re-investigation of facts and re-interviewing of witnesses where appropriate.
- Use of wide range of forensic experts (including ballistics, fingerprints, blood splatter, DNA, psychiatric, neuropsychological, neurological, crime scene reconstruction)
- Plagiarism, cheating, & other academic misconduct.
- Alcohol & drug-related violations.
- Threats & sexual harassment.
- Strategies to avoid or minimize potential criminal or civil liability.
- Undergraduate, graduate, medical & law students.
- Faculty members.
- Boston area universities, including Harvard, Northeastern & Boston University.
- Auto accidents
- Slip and fall
- Premises liability
- Restaurant liability
- Negligence & intentional torts
- Complex real estate litigation
- Partnership dissolution
- Plaintiff and defense representation